- Land registry mapping – Marking of maps for the Land Registry prior to the sale or purchase of a property.
- Checking of site boundaries – The checking of site boundaries to ensure they are in the correct location and the marking of land registry maps.
- Compliance with planning permission – Checking a property for compliance with its planning conditions prior to the sale of the property.
- Compliance with building regulations – Checking a property for compliance with the building regulations prior to the sale of the property.
- Planning searches – A property’s history search in relation to planning, building regulations, future developments or non-compliance issues.
- Energy efficiency reports – These include general information as well as energy certificates for houses, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Information and advice to solicitors – Includes all of the above services to inform a solicitor about title or non-compliance issues.
- Pre-purchase condition surveys – This is a report commissioned by a prospective purchaser prior to buying a property to determine the condition of it.
- Pre-sale condition surveys – This is a report commissioned by a vendor prior to selling a property to determine the condition of it and if any remedial works are required.
These checks and reports provide vital information to the prospective purchaser and their solicitor on matters of the condition of a property, issues concerning boundaries, issues on unauthorised development and health & safety. They will provide the solicitor and purchasers with the information needed to ask the necessary questions before entering an agreement to purchase a property or to highlight any serious defects.
Similarly, the checks and reports will provide the prospective vendor with the information needed to enable the property to be transformed into a compliant property in a good condition and in ample time for the works, if any, to be carried out in an organised fashion.